By INIFD Kothrud on Feb 11, 2020 10:21:20 AM
Interior Design is a challenging yet rewarding career. There is so much to know and so many specializations that one can actually never stop learning. With new technologies, methods, and innovations in interior designing all interior designers are students at heart.
Needless to say, one thing that definitely helps a student is financial help that promotes their education.
Here is a list of a few recognized domestic and international scholarships for interior design students who wish to receive financial help while pursuing their dream career.
1. INIFD Kothrud Fashion and Interior Design Scholarship
This program is designed for all early applicants to INIFD Kothrud. If you apply for the early bird admission cycle you automatically qualify for the partial interior design scholarship that INIFD Kothrud has designed for newly minted students.
- Organization: INIFD Kothrud
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- For: Academic Year 2020-2021
- Eligible Courses for Scholarship: Interior and Fashion Design @ INIFD Kothrud
- Qualification: Any student with 10+2 or degree from a certified educational institute
- Deadline: Anyone applying during the early bird admission cycle receives an assured scholarship
You can apply for the program over here: INIFD Pune Kothrud
2. The Vodafone Merit Cum Means Scholarship
Merit cum Means Scholarship is provided by The Vodafone India Foundation. The scholarship is for the meritorious students pursuing their graduation. The main objective of the Scholarship is to economically embolden the students of the underprivileged sections for their higher education.
- Company: The Vodafone India Foundation
- Country: All India
- Reward: INR 20,000 per candidate to 10 candidates
- Dates: Applications Closed for 2020-21. Dates for AY 2021-2022- To Be Announced
- Scholarship Available For: Students Wanting To Pursue Graduation
- Merit: Candidate must have obtained at least 75 percent marks or equivalent grade from the previous final examination.
- Financial: The overall family Annual Income of the student should not exceed INR 2 lakhs.
1. ASID Foundation Legacy Scholarship
The ASID Foundation Legacy Scholarship is open to students who are enrolled in, or have been accepted for, admission to a graduate-level interior design program at an accredited university. The scholarship is not one for a specific institute, rather it is a prize that the applicant can use towards any part of their higher education.
- Sponsored by: Dora Brahms Fund, Mabelle Wilhelmina Boldt Fund, Yale R. Burge Fund, Raymond Kennedy Fund, Ethel Siegelman Fund, Alan Lucas Fund
- Award: $4,000
- Next Application Period: February 2020 – April 2020
- For: Undergraduates
- Rubric: Academic accomplishment, creative achievement, and personal statement
- Also Requires: A Design Portfolio With 8-12 Pieces of Work
You can know more about the submissions requirements and documents over here: https://www.asid.org/resources/awards/scholarships-and-grants
2. David Barrett Memorial Scholarship
The David Barrett Memorial Scholarship is a gift award that is granted every two years to an interior design student pursuing their undergraduate or postgraduate studies who has proven to have exceptional talent in utilizing traditional materials in their work. The student can use this award to further pursue their studies.
- Company: The American Society of Interior Designers
- Award: $12,000
- Next Application Period: October 2 – December 9
- Scholarship Is Open For: Undergraduates or Postgraduates
- Course: Interior Design or Related Subjects
- Rubric: Needs a portfolio and personal statement
The portfolio requirements are extensive and detailed. You can find the portfolio guidelines over on this link: https://www.asid.org/resources/awards/scholarships-and-grants
And these are some of the scholarships/ grants made available to interior design students. They help students inch closer to their career and have been started by reputed organizations in India and across the world.
We hope you find this list helpful!
Related Post- What Is The Scope Of Interior Designing In India?