By INIFD Kothrud on Dec 9, 2019 2:53:26 PM
Pune is no doubt a students’ city. It is chock full of universities and colleges which has rightfully gotten it the title of “Oxford of the East.” This unique quality makes sure that all facilities in Pune cater to its student population and makes the city a perfect home for students.
Near central Pune is also INIFD Kothrud, which has now made Kothrud the designated student hangout and centre. Let’s take a deeper dive into the student life at Kothrud.
Food And Stay
Kothrud is a complete student junction and is close to almost all other student-centric areas.
The whole area is interspersed with eateries, cafes where one can work and hangout, canteens where they can get their daily lunch and dinner fix and more.
All of these places are affordable and have been constructed keeping in mind the student population that is present over there and the surrounding areas.
It also has is a prime residential area where multiple paying guest, hostels, and home rental services such as Zolo and Nestaway are available at affordable costs.
INIFD Kothrud also has tie-ups with multiple hostel facilities so that students from outside Pune have an easier way to find a stay.
This makes the housing situation for a potential student hassle-free and easy to obtain.
Related Post - Experience Life at INIFD Kothrud
Hangouts and Recreation
The spaces in and around Kothrud also have plenty of areas where students can chill, hang out and go out for celebrations. Some of these spaces include -
- German Bakery - a continental bistro which is famous for their desserts and pretty ambience.
- Durga Cafe - The thick cold coffee at Durga Cafe is famous all over Pune and is extremely affordable as well! It is walking distance away from INIFD Kothrud.
- Dominos, McDonald, Papa-John’s, Pizza Hut - are all fast food joints that are just a hop skip and jump away from INIFD Kothrud to get a quick fix for all those hunger pangs.
- The ARAI Hills - The ARAI Hills are also a short distance away and can be used for treks and hikes for all adventure junkies.
- The Pavillion Mall - located on SB road Pavillion Mall is a one-stop-shop for everyone’s shopping itch. It includes affordable as well as high-end brands for clothing, home decor and interior stores, and even a multiplex to catch the latest movies.
- Big Bazaar - Big Bazaar is a short distance away from INIFD Kothrud where students can get their daily groceries, home supplies, and daily requirements in an instant.
- City Pride - City Pride is a multiplex that is in Kothrud which screens all the latest movies in multiple languages. The tickets are also available at a reasonable cost keeping in mind the student population of Kothrud.
In conclusion, Kothurd is an exciting, energetic and accessible neighbourhood to be in.
It is a student hotspot and a convenient location to access most parts of Pune which is why it is undoubtedly the unofficial student hub of Pune city.